Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 22, 2007

Mapril Gathering

Last Saturday, 20th October 2007, we attended a gathering held at Edelwiss Park, organised by some mummies. It was named Mapril Gathering coz the mummies all have babies born in either March, April or May.



I would say it was a very well organised gathering. A lady was invited to teach us infant massage. There were also not one, not two, but three goody bags! And I love goody bags!



There was also a lucky draw. But I wasn't so lucky that day. I didn't get anything! It was only towards the end of the day that I managed to get a Pigeon fridge lock during the sure win lucky dip. Well, it's better than nothing lor.



I think there were about 30 mummies with their babies that day. Some were accompanied by their hubbies. So nice right? At least they can eat in peace while the other take care of the baby.



There was also a very nice cake from Angie's the Choice! It taste really good. It has a picture of a pig coz all our babies are born in the year of Pig! Btw, there were 2 icing 'flowers' on the cake right? I got the pink one while Augleo got the purple one. I was telling her how lucky we were! But she didn't eat it. I did!



Anyway, both Gladys and me enjoyed ourselves. After the party, we went over to Adeline's place to visit baby Ariel, since she's also staying in the estate. I stayed there for dinner while Gladys napped.



While we were at Adeline's place, Gladys pooed twice leh. It was quite embarassing coz it was damn smelly lor. And I could see the carrot particles in her poo coz I fed her carrot porridge the previous day. Yucky!

During our ride home, something really funny happened. It's not often that I drive with Gladys at night. And I had to wear glasses when I drive at night. So I think Gladys didn't recognise me with my spectacles and she sobbed hysterically!

It was so bad that tears were just flowing uncontrollably down her cheeks. It was so damn funny but yet it broke my heart. So I had to take my spectacles off, on the lights and at the same time telling her that mummy is right beside her.

Then she stopped crying and stared at me with her big eyes. But when I put on my spectacles again, she started crying again! What would you do if you were me?

Anyway, I just had to drive without my spectacles and I had to sing silly songs to her, just to reassure her that I didn't disown her but it didn't work anymore.

By the time we reach home, her face was drenched with her own tears and when I picked her up from her car seat, she gave me the most pitiful look and she sort of like 'hugged' me while she buried her face in my chest. I feel so loved and needed.

Don't worry, mummy will never disown you. Promise!

No comments: