Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 29, 2007

Gladys is 7 months old already!

How time flies.. Gladys is 7 months old already!

It's high time to potty train Gladys. Since she's been taking semi-solids, her poo is quite a massive amount each time. *yucky*

Hey, I didn't know baby's potty can be so expensive ok. Some really fancy ones can cost up to $100! And their purpose is to hold baby's poo.

Anyway, I bought her a fairly nice one from Kiddy Palace. This small piece of plastic costs me $12.90! It's got a nice little handle which she can hold on to for support while she does her business.

Here's her dear Papa potty-training her.


Since it's her first time sitting on her potty, she seems quite fascinated by her new 'toy' that she forgot her 'mission'.


1st try, mission failed!

Anyway, I'm glad she enjoys sitting on it. I mean, she has to feel comfortable with her potty, right?

By the 2nd day, she 'bombed' the potty big-time! Well, the photos are too gross to be posted here. I've also learnt that in future, I must always remember to lay some tissue in the potty first, so that it's easier for me to clean it.

During the weekend, Papa Eric decided to bring us for a trip to Malaysia. I suggested Malacca coz it's not too far. I'm really worried in case Gladys couldn't take long journeys and get cranky. You really don't wish for a wailing baby in the car.

This is her first time out of Singapore and I'm really glad she slept through most of the time, both to and fro. Maybe next time, we can venture further.

We got a really nice room at the Equatorial. This is the first time Gladys stayed at a hotel and I'm glad she didn't make a big fuss about sleeping at an unfamiliar place.


We also celebrated Shermain's 12th birthday there. In the photo, me and Gladys, together with Shermain jie-jie, Hilda jie-jie and Regine jie-jie.


When we were at the mall, Gladys got onto the kiddy ride for the very first time and she enjoyed herself so much. See, she even held on to the steering wheel herself!


I'm sure in time to come, she will be bugging me for coins to take the rides! Haha..

Motherhood is so contradicting. When baby's not ready, you're hoping that she can do it soon. When she's doing it, you wished she didn't.

No comments: