Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mama Gene's Birthday

Today's my BIG day.

My 29th birthday. Nothing really big, but it's the 1st that I'll be celebrating with my baby.

Scary man. This will be my last '20s' birthday. So 1 year from now, I can't say I'm "in my 20s" but rather I'll have to say "early 30s". Duhz.

So sad right. There'll be more wrinkles and more stubborn fats.

No wonder when you're older, you don't look forward to celebrating your birthday as much as when you were a kid. There're no more little wrapped pressies to unwrap.

I'll usually celebrate a day earlier with my family coz 9th October is my parents' wedding anniversary.

Coincident hor.

So my 29th birthday means it's their 30th wedding anniversary.

My mum always joked that she had to rush to the hospital after having dinner with my dad, on their 1st wedding anniversary.

So I am their greatest gift, right. :)

Anyway, last night we had dinner at Harbourfront. We were busy eating dinner and Gladys was busy chewing on her toys on the high chair.

Next year, I'm sure she'll want to have her share of our dinner.

After dinner, we went to Mt Faber for a little stroll. Gladys fell asleep.

Since my dad scrapped his car years ago, they've not been there. My mum said they used to go to Mt Faber often when they were dating. My dad said there used to be a 'bor-bor-cha-cha' stall.

So much has changed since then. But I hope their undying love for each other remains till eternity.

Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Mummy Celeste & Baby Ariel said...

Happy Birthday to you!!

Dun worry, you still look young and beautiful. :D