Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Life Now

My life has never been the same, since the day I knew I've got Gladys in my womb.

First and most importantly, I knew I had to make changes to my lifestyle: -
1) Stop smoking;
2) Stop people around me from smoking or hanging out at smoky joints;
3) Stop eating "unhealthy" food like my favourite sashimi, calms, etc;
4) Stop sleeping so late and get sufficient rest;
5) Stop working, so I can stop stressing; etc.

Mmm..

Though the above seems like nothing, but it is really a challenge for me!

After giving birth, I find that I can no longer hold a "normal" conversation with another human being. All I can talk about is pregnancy and babies. I go crazy when I see another baby on the street. I go crazy when there's a baby fair. I go crazy when I see the cutest pink romper.

I think I'm so into motherhood. True. I think I'm enjoying every moment of being a mother.

Doubts about my capabilities of being a good mother is soon cleared. I've pushed my limit way beyond. I've done things I thought I was incapable of. My parents are shocked to know that their little gal can take care of her little gal.

It's not easy bathing a newborn infant. Imagine a tiny life with a wobbly body in a soapy tub. I've done it.

It's not easy to wake up multiple times a night for feeding. I was a dead sleeper but now I wake to her wimper. I've done it.

It's not easy to breastfeed, especially when my supply is so damn miserable. For 3 months, I've done it.

It's not easy to decipher her cries. Guess whether she's tired, sleepy, hungry, or just plain grumpy. I've done it.

It's not easy to take care of an infant all by myself most of the time. I've done it.

Hey, I'm so proud of myself sometimes. I think I deserve some kind of award.

However, somewhere at the back of my brain, I do secretly miss my old days of sun tanning in my bikinis, riding with my gal pals, kopi and ktv sessions, regular getaways with Eric, catching the lastest movie, etc. Sometimes I do wish to have my old life back.

But that means I will have to sacrifice Gladys. No way!

I've not regretted a single bit and I think I'm happier now anyway. So darn my bikinis, I've got stretchmarks to prove my love for Gladys.

No comments: