Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Back At Home

At the hospital, I can just press a button and a nurse will come and bring the baby back to the nursery when I want to catch a wink. Back at home, it's just me.

Since I do not have the luxury of having a confinement lady, so regardless I like it or not, I've got to get my lazy butt off the bed to attend to my little princess.

I am blessed to have friends and relatives to give me guidance about caring for a baby.

Although I've given up my job for her, I've not regretted a single bit, espeically when I get to see her grow every single day. Being a stay-at-home mummy is a stressful task, but it is definitely more fulfilling.

Every night, I can be so tired from all the routine like feeding, bathing, changing and entertaining the baby, but I just cannot get to sleep. I will be happy just sitting there, watching her sleep.


One of Gladys' first friend is Tony and Janny's baby, Tasha Chua, who is about 3 months older.


I am considered lucky because Gladys is quite an easy baby to care for. Other than hunger or a soiled diaper, she doesn't really make a big fuss. Maybe she's still so young, and all she can do is sleep most of her time.


I am lucky to have my mum coming over to help me out most of the time during my confinement. She helps to cook my meals and to care for Gladys so I can have more rest.


Time flashes by when you're taking care of an infant. Though it is never an easy task, but the satisfaction you get from it is priceless.


Everytime I bring Gladys out, people will ask if she's a boy or a girl, even though she's wearing pink! I know she doesn't look a bit like a girl, but guess where she got her looks from?

No comments: