Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 06, 2007

At The Hospital

I admit it's not easy to take care of a baby. I can hardly take good care of myself and now I have a little life to be responsive for.

The first night at the hospital, I can't sleep although I still feel drowsy. I kept staring at the little bundle of joy lying next to me. She's so pretty to me.


During the day, we had only each other for company and we made use of these times to bond. I changed her diaper and breastfed her for the first time.

I knew instantly that she has my temper. Little tyrant.

Yet, she's so fragile. So tiny and vulnerable. I just want to protect and love her all my life.


Because I had an caesarean, I had to stay in hospital for 4 days and I developed bad heat rash on my back and bottom. I can't wait to go home with my baby.

On the day when we're supposed to go home, I receive bad news from the paediatrician that Gladys has jaundice and she has to be hospitalised! I can't believe it because every morning, Dr Simon Ng came to tell me that my baby is fine and healthy but why on the day when we're to be discharged that she developed jaundice?

It just broke my heart thinking that I had to go home without her.


Papa Eric suggested that I should stay another night in the hospital but I don't want to sleep on that bed for another night. Also, the hospital bill kills.

So we seek approval to bring Gladys home with us. We can observe and bring her out in the sun. I'm sure she'll be fine.

The nurse took some time to check with the paediatrician and it got on my nerves. Luckily, the answer came back positive. Gladys' jaundice is mild and we're able to bring her home with us.

It was a relieve for me. I cannot imagine otherwise.

No comments: