Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Wishing all mummies a Happy Mother's Day!!

Dear hubby didn't do anything special for me leh. I didn't even receive a present or anything.

The only present I got was a bouquet of flowers from.... My dear mother!

At least, she made me felt appreciated. I also gave her a bouquet coz I know she loves flowers too.

We just went out for dinner with my parents and in-laws at Ah Yat Seafood.

I didn't really had much coz my stomach is still upside down.

I didn't manage to take any photos coz I was busy feeding and entertaining Gladys at the same time and this girl was actually quite cranky probably due to her stomach upset.

In fact, she still have runny poos. About 3-4 times a day so its actually considered mild.

But then, she's not eating and drinking well. So I'm quite worried that she's not getting enough nutrients and fluids into her body.

I've just spoken to Dr Tan on the phone. He said that if she's not drinking Pedialyte/ barley/ rice water/ glucose, then she's not really getting fluid into her body.

That explains her dry diapers.

Yes, her diapers are mostly dry, except when it's filled with foul smelling poo juice.

See, isn't it contradicting? When the diapers overflow, we complain. When it's dry, we complain.

Her pediatrician actually said that it'll be best if we can put her on a drip. Then she'll probably get well sooner. Otherwise, this viral infection she got will probably last for 1-2 weeks or worse case, 1-2 months.

But then, we can wait coz it will just go away by itself.

My worry now is not the diarrhea part since I'm convinced that it'll go away, sooner or later.

My worry is how to get her to drink what she's supposed to drink to make her feel better. To rehydrate her body.

Otherwise, her condition will worsen.

Sighz.. This is one very unhappy monther's day..

Until we came home from dinner and she suddenly got a super leaky diaper of poo and it got onto her dress and my bed and she was bawling like mad! I thought it was a super bad day.

But immediately after I changed her, she was like normal and was playing with her flashcard and then she spotted the I-card (ice cream). What she did melts my heart.

She held the card with one hand. Then the other, grabbed a ball of ice cream and put it into her big mouth with a big "armmm", then looked at me and gave me the most cheeky smile.

And she did it again and again till the 3 scoops of ice cream were 'gone'.

I didn't teach her that and I don't know where she learnt it from.

But I tell you, it just dramatically turned my super lousy day, fantastic!

This became one great mother's day for me! And I guess, this is what mother's day is all about.

No comments: